Friday, March 11, 2011

Fan Posters No. 3: Repo! The Genetic Opera

Been a while since I last was on here, so I thought I'd throw up something done quickly, in honor of a film I newly hold dear to my heart.

I only just recently got to see Repo! The Genetic Opera for the first time, and must admit I utterly loved it. The look, the costumes, most of all, the music, have just gotten stuck in my head a fair bit lately. I also love the comic-style panels they use during the film (even if their presence is ultimately pointless, exposition that's either mentioned in song, or could have easily been done in dialogue - but where's the fun in that?), and after checking out (lots) of poster art by the insanely awesome Tyler Stout, I felt compelled to knock together a comic-style montage poster in a similar vein, using grabs of the panels from the film itself. Here's the result: a bit patchy, I confess, but it was a quick-and-dirty muck-around as opposed to a serious exercise; someday, if I'm in the mood, I'll redo it properly.


Whether you passionately love it or furiously hate it (and I've seen that these are pretty much the only two schools of thought on the subject), there's no denying that Repo! is one of those different beasts that you don't get very often. I recommend checking it out if you haven't already done so, it's worth it if only for Anthony Stewart Head (Giles from Buffy), and to see Paris Hilton's face fall off.

Related Article:

0 comments:

Post a Comment


 

Footer Widget #1

Footer Widget #2

Footer Widget #3

Copyright 2010 second from the end. All rights reserved.
Themes by Bonard Alfin l Home Recording l Blogger Template